I can Improve Your english Skills
“True teachers are those who use themselves as bridges over which they invite their students to cross; then, having facilitated their crossing, joyfully collapse, encouraging them to create their own.” ― Nikos Kazantzakis
A good teacher is someone who guides, encourages, and inspires their students, and does so with great enthusiasm. This is what I strive for every time I teach. Teaching is not just a job for me, it is my passion and it represents what I deeply value in life—education.
My belief is that teaching should never be a chore, and learning should never be a bore. My goal is to always make lessons informative, engaging, and fun. Let me know what you want, and I can customize the class to meet your needs. I am always willing to listen to what YOU need and build lessons keeping this in mind.
Together, we can make your language goals a reality!
Know My Teaching Better
- Learn a variety of essay structures by writing about interesting topics and reviewing grammar, organization and word choice
- Increase your use of academic vocabulary by learning meanings, word forms, and collocations from the Academic Word List (AWL)
- Develop academic reading comprehension with useful reading strategies
- Build skills and strategies for the B2 First or C1 Advanced exams, especially for Use of English and Reading Papers
- Improve your listening comprehension and inferencing skills with real Cambridge audio clips
- Expand your grammar knowledge along with advanced vocabulary skills
CAMBRIDGE SPEAKING & WRITING BOOSTERS
- Speaking – Understand all four parts of the B2 First (FCE) or C1 Advanced (CAE) with tips and strategies to help you pass
- Writing – Learn important points for all formats for the essay, report, email, proposal, review, article and letter of application.
- Both – Always get detailed feedback on format, grammar, and word use matched with Cambridge marking schemes
- Build speaking fluency and accuracy by applying grammar as well as practical vocabulary, like phrasal verbs, idioms, and common expressions
- Build reading comprehension and vocabulary through readings matched to your level and interest.
- Build useful writing skills, such as email writing
Frequently asked questions
I have 8.5 years of teaching experience and I am a teacher at one of the largest English schools in North America. I have provided English instruction to students from more than 40 countries and I have taught students from ages 3 to 65.
I have also taught a variety of subjects, with the most being English skills. I have taught beginner to advanced students in programs like General English, Academic English, Test Preparation and Humanities.
- Simon Fraser University (SFU) – Bachelor of Arts
- SFU – Bachelor of Education
- SFU – PDP BC Teacher’s Certificate
- Vancouver Community College – TESOL Certificate
- SFU – Liberal Arts Certificate
Professional Career Development:
- Cambridge English Language Assessment – Teacher Training Certificate for B2/C1 Cambridge Tests
- British Council – IELTS Teacher Training Certificate
I charge $35US / hour.
Lesson times are from 1 to 2 hours, depending on the class and student goals.
When you pay for your tutoring time, there is a space ‘Order notes’ for you to write exactly what you want to learn. Write what you want to start with and then we can discuss things as we study together.
You can also send me a message and join my email list above for better communication.
Classes may be one-to-one or up to 4 students. The benefit of one-to-one is that you will have more individual attention.
If you wish to have others join you for the class, you are encouraged to find your own partners as ‘classmates’ will need to be available at the same time.
In addition to this website, a variety of other platforms will be used:
- For ‘live’ instruction (tutorials), Zoom will be used.
- For ‘non-live’ or asynchronous instruction, a combination of email, Google Docs, and Google Classroom will be used.
*You do not need a Zoom account, but having a Google account is helpful.
Ideally, you should have a laptop or desktop computer with a microphone and camera.
A mobile phone will work, but it may be harder to complete assignments.
To maximize your learning, yes, there will be homework!
*Homework will be marked outside of ‘live’ class time and feedback given.
Yes, you can cancel with 24 hours notice, but after that, unfortunately, you will not get a refund.
Please feel free to communicate with me if you wish to adjust the lessons. I will try to accommodate any additional needs or address any concerns you may have.
For any other complaints, please refer to the site administrator: admin @ anywhereesl.com