Better English Using IELTS
A Complete Online Interactive Video Course
High-Beginner to Intermediate
Self-study & practice
This learning program teaches and practices the skills tested by Parts 1 & 2 of the IELTS Speaking Test.
What You learn:
- Rules and use of verbs, including Continuous forms:
- Simple Present
- Simple Past
- Simple Future
- Present Perfect
- Zero and First Conditional
- Modal Verbs of Ability and Possibility
- Adverbs of Frequency
- Preposition practice
- How to develop word accuracy and variety
- Understanding and using word parts: Prefixes, Suffixes and Root Words
- Short-vowel pronunciation with ‘i’ practice
- English Rhythm: How the music of English helps all of your skills
- Pronouncing ‘S’ and ‘Z’ for fluent speech practice
- How to organize your speaking
- How to combine verbs for clear communication
- The three main sentence types:
- Coherence: How to organize information
- How to write a quality paragraph
Learn from the very best!
Your Textbook Teacher
- Chris has a Master of Education from the University of Sydney.
- He works as a Technology Strategist at a Canadian university in British Columbia.
- He has taught students from every continent for over 20 years.
- He was an IELTS Examiner for about four years.
You want to improve your English but you are busy. This course is designed to fit into your life. The lessons and activities are meant to be done on your way to work, on a break or when you have time at home.
The exercises are interactive and A LOT of extra online practice is included. Get a solid start and then explore on your own.
The most important information
To be able to use English, there are some foundational concepts and skills that you must know. This textbook uses the structure and purpose of IELTS Speaking Parts 1&2 to combine these skills for clear practice and improved understanding.