- Any strong Intermediate to Advanced English learner who wants to deepen their English skills with a focus on structure and accuracy.
- Anyone attending – or planning to attend – a college or university.
- Any high school student who wants to excel at studying and writing.
- Anyone taking a language test, like the SATs, IELTS, TOEFL, Cambridge, etc.
- Any non-native English speaking professional looking to refine their language skills.
- Any native English speaker who wants to prepare for post-secondary studies, or increase the clarity of their communications.
- Understand that academic level communication comes from natural skills everyone has, but with a much stronger focus on text structure, grammar variety and vocabulary accuracy.
- In Reading Skills, you will learn to use the physical and conceptual structure of writing to judge and understand content (without always using a dictionary) , and gather information more effectively.
- In Summarizing, you apply your text structure and content evaluation skills by focusing on main ideas and general organization, without losing clarity.
- In Paraphrasing, you focus on i) changing structure, especially using Passive Voice, and ii) changing vocabulary by practicing with synonyms, word forms and other useful language tools.
In 2 to 4 weeks, this Interactive Textbook shows you how to improve your natural communication skills with an academic focus on reading, summarizing and paraphrasing. You will challenge your grammar and vocabulary skills with lots of useful teaching, reading and practice.
First, you can use Videomail to ask any questions to your University Pathway teacher as you go through the video teaching and practice. Before a final assessment we want to improve your confidence and self-judgment so you will do sample answer comparison exercises. Finally, there are evaluation exercises for your teacher who will give personalized feedback by Google Doc and Youtube links.