I can Improve Your english Skills
For me, teaching English is a passion. For 10 years, I have worked with almost 2000 language students from over 50 different countries. They were Beginners to Advanced students. I currently teach at ILSC, one of the largest language schools in North America.
I think ESL is not just memorizing rules and words. For truly effective learning, students need to enjoy the process, feel it is personal, and have clear goals. To do this, I use a socio-cultural and communicative approach, which puts the student at the centre of learning.
My students have had great success with me, and I know you will, too.
Know My Teaching Better
- Learn test strategies for Band Score 7 or higher for all 4 sections
- Not only learn, but master vocabulary from the Academic Word List (AWL)
- Receive immediate feedback in speaking and guidance on how to increase your score
- Develop strategies to quickly increase scores in both the reading and listening sections
- Not only learn, but master key TOEIC vocabulary and key collocations
- Understand common mistakes and how they can be avoided
SPEAKING & PRONUNCIATION
- Gain confidence in discussing a variety of topics with specific pronunciation practice for your problems.
- Learn effective vocabulary, expressions, and collocations for different situations
- Develop grammar knowledge in a personal way, not just using traditional worksheets.
- Co-develop a plan, based on your goals, strengths, weaknesses, etc. and use those to build your lessons
- Not only memorize vocabulary and expressions, but ensure that they can be used in authentic settings
- Receive honest feedback and create strategies and approaches to help you reach your goal
Frequently asked questions
- Masters in TEAL (Teaching English as an Additional Language), Simon Fraser University, Vancouver, BC
- TESOL (Teaching English to Speakers of Other Languages) Diploma, Vancouver Community College, Vancouver, BC
- Bachelor of Arts (Political Science), Simon Fraser University, Vancouver BC
- TESL Canada Certified
I charge $US35/hour
Each lesson is one hour
When you pay for your tutoring time, there is a form field titled: Order notes. You will write which class you are interested in.
You can also send me a message and join my email list above for better communication.
All Test Prep classes (IELTS, TOIEC) will have a homework option.
I will send out class materials before our classes. If you want you review and print them before we begin
Yes, but you must give 24 hours notice or you will not get a refund.
If you have a problem with my teaching you can email: admin @ anywhereesl.com
Yes, I allow up to 3 students per class. You are responsible for arranging the group. I will teach whomever is available at our scheduled time.